Monday, October 12, 2015

Jerk Tofu and Coconut Rice

I'm not a tofu fan.  My husband hates it.  But about once a month I buy it and force myself to hide it in something like chili or as teensy little peices in stir fry.

However Jerk Tofu has changed the game.  I found a recipe online and thought I followed it pretty exact until the next day when I realized I butchered a important step in the directions.  So, the moral of the story... If you hate tofu, try the baked version of this recipe and then make these changes:  

2.  Don't blend your ingredients.  You can.  I've since done it, but I actually slightly prefer unblended.  Slice your jalapeño thinly and run your garlic and ginger through your microplane. Stir.  Toss in tofu.  

3.  Slice your tofu on the thin side.  About a quarter of an inch thin.  They may fall apart but those peices get a bit crispier and it's glorious.  

There's the recipe



Serve with Coconut Milk Garlic Rice. 
1 cup rice (half white/half brown is my favorite combo)
1 cup water
1 cup coconut milk
1 clove of minced garlic 
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add all ingredients, bring to a boil. 
Stir, place a lid on the rice and set the burner on the lowest setting. 
Cook for 20 minutes if white rice, 25 if brown, 
Fluff with a fork and make certain all the liquid has been dissolved.  
Eat with jerked tofu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment